Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Warm and lovely


I was the fortunate recipient of these lovelies for Christmas. Shari gave me the hat (made by the talented Lesley Kregel (Cimarrona) and Kathy did the mobius neck warmer. Both will get good wear over the next few days as the weather is supposed to stay below freezing with a wicked wind.

Ashley made the beautiful scarf in my favorite combination of purples & greens. The yarn is Noro Kureyon. It's designed for socks but obviously has other applications. She and many others love it and now I know why. It's definitely yummy in look and feel. I found an enamel pin from her college days that works wonderfully with it.

All this creative use of fiber is inspiring me to get busy in the studio.

No comments: