Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Saturday, July 3, 2010

While I haven't created much art of late I thought I'd share some images I had the opportunity to enjoy on Wed.  These are the work of Jane Ruestmann.  She was the June featured artist at the monthly art dinner at Carrino's in Denton, a joint venture of Oxide Gallery and Carrino's which seems to be a successful idea. 

I met Jane 25 years ago when we moved to North Texas.  She and her husband were wonderfully welcoming and made us feel like we'd found a good place to grow roots. Our families have shared many special occasions while seeing our children grow to adulthood and welcoming grandchildren.  We will miss them when we move away. 

Jane is an artist of marvelous vision & depth.  I have watched her express her talents in varied ways over the years while she focused most of her energies on being an incredible art teacher.  While maintaining a standard of excellence in teaching it has been exciting to see what she has created in collage and mixed media lately.  I wanted to share some of her work here and say, "Congratulations, Jane, for finding your voice.  Your work is beautiful."
  

No comments: