Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anniversary

I posted a flower image on Oct. 4, 2008, as I started this blog. Here is another on my one year blogiversary as my fascination and love of flowers continues to grow. This is post #76. I still have much to learn about the process and world of blogs but I have very much enjoyed the experience and hope to keep it going, growing and improving. Thank you for reading and sharing your comments, encouragement and friendships.
I set out to blog about my art. While I've done some of that, I've also spent a good bit of time talking about family and life. It is pretty nearly impossible for me to seperate the 3. I hope that hasn't discouraged readers and possibly encouraged some to fit art into their busy lives, "if she can do it so can I".
It isn't lost on me that I have a strong tendency to wander as I tell stories; I've long been teased for that evidence of ADD. Is it an excuse to say I do it most about things that excite me? I've found that blogging has caused me to look for things that create excitement. In turn some of these things have become part of my art.
It has been an exciting year so the subjects of my posts have been varied. Obviously becoming a grandmother was #1 on the excitement list. Getting my art work into shows again (after many years of avoiding the process); working collaboratively with others; and shairng the highs and lows of family time are all on the list.
I have absolutely NO regrets for focusing on Karlie. I feel so blessed that she is in my life. She is amazing. She is teaching me new things every day. She renews my faith in the future and gives me hope. As she begins to visually focus and take in her new world my appreciation for the gifts and wonders of nature are renewed as is my excited anticipation at sharing them with her.
FOCUS will continue to be a constant challenge for me. I am making it my mantra for the year ahead. There will still be variety here; I won't be myopic but rather I will work on patiently taking in each experience, possibility and blessing as it presents itself. Hopefully I will be able to express all this in my art and share it in this blog. I am wishing for rampant creativity for everyone along with peace and love.

No comments: