Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The dirty work comes first

I spent the morning in the yard pulling weeds; cleaning out the chicken coop and spreading the stuff around the flower beds. That's not my favorite part of gardening but I do love the reward. I also moved newly emerging perrennials around to bare spots and have more to share with friends and family.
I can see definite similarities between gardening and making art. You've got to get thru the grunge parts to see the beauty at the end.
If anyone is in the San Antonio area this weekend don't miss Fiesta Art Show at the Southwest Craft Center. I'll be there with Ashley showing her jewelry in booth 48. I'm hoping for good weather and lots of customers. I'm expecting the bonus of new inspirations as we should have some exploring time on Friday.

No comments: