Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Monday, April 12, 2010

Here, There and Stretch

The pink flower on the left and the white blooming tree are growing on the San Marcos property.  I don't know what they are except beautiful.  I accept them as a gift. 

I am really having trouble with focus and feeling torn between here and there and answering the question, "What do I do next?".  Can some one give me a magic wand so all this will be behind me?  I know....that's not the way life works.  Move forward, move forward, move forward.....one day, one step at a time. 

If you've read here more than a couple of times you know that Karlie gives me hope and inspiration in ways I never imagined.  Yesterday I got word that she's learned to move forward and pulling up on furniture.  Look out world!

A friend posted this morning on facebook "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and that made me smile.  It is that here too and I hope it's the same wherever you are.  It's hard not to be out digging in the dirt which would be my normal April activity.  In a effort to be creative, I'm playing around with more small art quilt ideas. 

When I took a break to get the mail and walk around the yard my thoughts turned to what I'll miss when we leave this place.  The roses are near the top of the list.  The Lady Banks only blooms once a year but what a show!  The Zephren Daphne is a beauty and very fragrant.  I'm hoping to get rootings of it and some of the other old varieties.  I read that deer don't eat "Old" roses but the new neighbor's comment of, "You can try", wasn't exactly encouraging. 

Oh well, nothing happens without effort.  Keep stretching.

No comments: