Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blank Canvas & Home




This is the wall as you come up to my studio. Ashley was here yesterday to help me clear every thing off and paint. Down below the ledge (seen here at bottom) it will be orange. I wanted the top white as color will come from what goes here - my bulletin boards and project calendar for 2009.

As I've been painting I've been thinking about the blessing of HOME. A lot of energy goes into making a house into a home. "Safe Harbor", above, is a piece that I did last fall during hurricane season. Those of us who have warm, safe homes and places to create should be ever so thankful especially during this time of uncertainty. I know I am. Now back to painting.


1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

You are so right. Thankful, indeed. I love your nest piece.