Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's On My Mind......

From this.....
To this.... a place for a swing to enjoy the view
Wild Persimmons - planning ahead for jam & treats in the fall
Rocks moved along the drive. Thank goodness for the tractor!
Aging. Getting Old & deciding to do it the best way possible. The last time we built a house we were 25 years younger and a whole lot fitter. This will be one of those "what doesn't kill you....." experiences. We've been working really hard but it feels good. Today we had some time off due to rain.

After some "getting settled" errands we went to visit my 93 year old aunt this afternoon. She has always been the most like my Dad so I always loved her a bit extra. Now she's the only one of 4 siblings left and she is fighting with all her might not to move to assisted living. Her memory is going but she knows what is inevitable. I feel for her and her daughter who is making decisions for what is best. You can know what is right and good but it's still NOT easy. Most of us want to make our own decisions for as long as possible & I hope we have lots of time to be strong & independent and maybe a bit contrary.

As this subject has been on my mind lately, I am reading Jane Fonda's newest book. She calls the years from 60 on "Act III". It has some good advise and I'm working on being more intentional every day to deal with the hand I've been given. On a lighter note, I got Karl to go with me on Sat. to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". It is cute with some funny bits & I think Judith Dench can make any thing look pretty darn good. The message is Clear I think. Don't wait; act now; and seize life with both arms. Keep on keeping on I hope to do it well.

A friend said this morning that the Summer Solstice is about throwing out what no longer serves us (ideas, hinderances, pain) and starting with the new (hopes, intentions, creations). Today's pictures are about what we're creating for our new future.









No comments: