Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Promises of Things to Come


Sorry I've been away so long; once again it's been a busy month of family projects. The guys got the bbq trailer finished and off to Austin. Karlie & her Mom & Dad will be in their apt. there Wed. evening. Karl is down  helping and moving his bbq trailer from Wimberley to Austin to serve as backup for the anticipated rush of South by Southwest. I stayed here to do some catch up. I loved having Karlie her; it really was an amazing time of love & laughter. She is such a blessing & I hope she had as much fun as I did.

Still there were projects and commitments that did not get done. On top of that I was gone 5 days at the end of Feb. for an upcoming project & to attend the Texas Fiber Federation conference. I will write about that & post pictures of my resist experiments from the Lisa Kerpoe workshop soon.

Yesterday & today I've worked long hours outside and enjoyed our glorious weather. We didn't have much of a winter in terms of snow & ice but there was still the seasonal die off that makes us appreciate spring. It seems to me that it;s come extra early to North Texas. I'm hoping we don't get a late freeze that kills off new growth. I'm trying to stay in the now and not be nervous about summer but admit to fear of another scorcher like last year. While I'm enjoying the clear blue skies I'm also thinking of those who suffered in the last few days of storms and tornadoes in the midwest. I'm reminded of the power of nature to cause great joy and great sorrow. I pray for those who have lost so much.

My work outside is to overcome the period of neglect & add some new color in baskets and pots. The house is going back on the market and the realtor wants to do new pictures. I'll try to get some too. Whatever your weather I hope you're having a chance to create in some way and don't forget to be grateful for blue skies when they come your way.

No comments: