Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February Fresh

You really have to admire the bravery and fortitude of these little guys, besides I needed a picture for this post and they made me smile today.  I wished for a good camera to capture the dozen cardinals waiting in the drab tree branches for me to leave their buffet.  You'll just have to imagine how beautiful it was. 

After starting off the new year with considerable excitement and enthusiasm, I fell into a multifaceted funk for most of Jan.  Nothing really horrible but grey & draggy is a good description. Things are better now and I am ready to start fresh. 

Today I read that life has grey moments so that we appreciate the bright & content ones. I mostly agree but wish that our "learning experiences" didn't have to be such a drag some time.  I'm willing to try sunny beaches or exotic destinations. Oh well, travel always seems like a good idea this time of the year.

In the meantime it's very, very cold & icy here as it is in much of the country and we're staying safely  inside. I hope everyone stays safe & warm and makes time for inspiration, creativity, family & good food. Hopefully I'll be back soon with something bright to show.

No comments: