Observations on life & art and the inspirations I see around me

Monday, February 1, 2010

Checking In....

This was last week when the sun last shone.  Today is grey.  I just wanted to say hello and that I'm getting back to thinking about making art.  I found this blog post by Mary Ann Moss  in my surfing this afternoon for a spot of color and inspiration.

I did the hospital thing last week.  It was actually a "Surgicare" where you bounce in and out in one day.  I got arthroscopic repairs made to my right knee and the meds, to which I am very sensitive, bounced me home again about 6 hours later (this being a "30 minute" procedure they'd said).  I pretty much slept away the next 24-30 hours. Karl took very good care of me with Ashley coming up on Sat. while he attened a memorial for a friend from HS.  Given that he drove 3+ hours each way he was tired too yesterday so we vegged the day away with movies and snacks.

Today is still cold and dreary so I didn't have any qualms about getting right back to the comfy chair after getting the stitches out at the Dr's. office and having breakfast at Cracker Barrel this am.  I had visions of working in the studio but the cold was too much and my leg ached - strange since they have you put ice on for swelling.  I did manage to stack some fabric in a bucket for "Lasagna Dyeing" (mixed up dye colors & scrunched fabrics in one bucket). I'll post a picture if they turn out well and maybe even get upstairs tomorrow to sew before Celeste & Karlie arrive for a visit.  In the meantime, from under the wooly blanket I'm sending greetings and hope everyone stays safe and warm.

No comments: